As car owners, we all want to keep our vehicles in good condition and avoid costly repairs. ToyotaCare is a no-cost maintenance plan that covers the first two years or 25,000 miles.
Whichever comes first.
Table of Contents
What exactly is ToyotaCare?
ToyotaCare is a complimentary maintenance and roadside assistance program offered by Toyota for new Toyota vehicles in the United States.
It is designed to provide owners with peace of mind and support during the initial years of vehicle ownership. ToyotaCare includes the following benefits:
- No-cost maintenance plan:
ToyotaCare covers factory-scheduled maintenance for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. This includes services such as oil changes, tire rotations, fluid level adjustments, and multi-point inspections.
- 24/7 roadside assistance:
For 2 years and with unlimited mileage, ToyotaCare offers around-the-clock roadside assistance. This service includes help for battery jumps, tire changes, lockouts, emergency fuel delivery, winching, and towing to the nearest Toyota dealership or authorized repair facility.
ToyotaCare comes standard with the purchase or lease of new Toyota vehicles, giving owners added value and support without incurring additional costs.
The program ensures that vehicles are maintained by certified Toyota technicians using genuine Toyota parts, promoting reliability and potentially enhancing resale value.
What Does ToyotaCare Cover?
ToyotaCare covers the following:
- No-cost maintenance plan:
ToyotaCare covers factory-scheduled maintenance for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. This plan includes:
- Oil and filter changes
- Tire rotations
- Multi-point inspections
- Fluid level adjustments
- Inspection and adjustment of drive belts (if necessary)
- 24/7 roadside assistance:
ToyotaCare provides roadside assistance for 2 years with unlimited mileage, offering help in various situations:
- Battery jump-starts
- Flat tire changes (using your vehicle’s spare tire)
- Lockout protection (if you’re locked out of your car)
- Emergency fuel delivery (up to 3 gallons of gasoline)
- Winching (if your vehicle is stuck in mud, sand, snow, or a ditch within 100 feet of a paved or county-maintained road)
- Towing to the nearest Toyota dealership or authorized repair facility (in case of a mechanical breakdown)
Please note that ToyotaCare does not cover expenses for parts or repairs unrelated to the scheduled maintenance services or any costs incurred after the program’s expiration (2 years/25,000 miles for maintenance and 2 years/unlimited mileage for roadside assistance).
Main reasons why people choose ToyotaCare
Let’s start with the most obvious – peace of mind.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your car is covered for routine maintenance and roadside assistance can give you peace of mind. You don’t have to worry about unexpected repair costs or being stranded on the side of the road.
- Convenience: With ToyotaCare, you don’t have to worry about scheduling routine maintenance appointments or paying for them out of pocket. Simply bring your car to a Toyota dealer and they will take care of the rest.
- Savings: Routine maintenance can add up over time, but with ToyotaCare, you can save money on oil changes, tire rotations, and other services. Plus, if you choose to extend your coverage with ToyotaCare Plus, you can save even more on non-routine services.
- Resale value: Having a well-maintained car can increase its resale value. By keeping up with routine maintenance, you can help ensure that your car is in good condition when it’s time to sell or trade it in.
- Complimentary maintenance: ToyotaCare covers routine factory-scheduled maintenance for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. This includes oil changes, tire rotations, fluid level adjustments, and multi-point inspections.
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance: For 2 years and unlimited miles, ToyotaCare provides 24/7 roadside assistance, including help with battery jumps, tire changes, lockouts, fuel delivery, winching, and towing to the nearest Toyota dealership or authorized repair facility.
- Trained Toyota technicians: Your vehicle will be serviced by certified Toyota technicians using genuine Toyota parts, ensuring quality maintenance and repairs.
- Convenient reminders: ToyotaCare sends timely reminders before your scheduled maintenance appointments, helping you stay on top of your vehicle’s needs.
- Access to MyToyota app: The MyToyota app allows you to track your vehicle’s maintenance history, access roadside assistance, and find helpful resources, making it easier to manage your ToyotaCare experience.
Overall, ToyotaCare can be a great option for those who want to keep their cars in good condition and avoid unexpected repair costs.
While it may not cover everything, it can provide peace of mind, convenience, and savings.
Main Reasons People Don’t Choose ToyotaCare (Cons)
While ToyotaCare may seem like a great deal, not everyone chooses to opt-in. Here are some of the main reasons why:
- Not Cost-Effective for Some Drivers: If you’re someone who doesn’t drive a lot or doesn’t plan on keeping your Toyota for more than a few years, ToyotaCare might not be worth the cost. While the maintenance and roadside assistance are free for the first two years, you’ll have to pay for any additional services after that.
- Restrictions on Where You Can Get Service: ToyotaCare only covers maintenance and repairs done at Toyota dealerships. If you prefer to take your car to an independent mechanic or a different dealership, this could be a dealbreaker for you.
- Doesn’t Cover All Types of Repairs: While ToyotaCare covers routine maintenance like oil changes and tire rotations, it doesn’t cover more extensive repairs that may be needed due to wear and tear or accidents. This means you’ll still have to pay out of pocket for certain types of repairs.
Overall, whether or not ToyotaCare is worth it for you will depend on your individual driving habits and preferences. It’s important to weigh the pros and cons and decide what makes the most sense for your situation.